Our Home Away from Home!

Our Home Away from Home!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Our Day Off

Today was our day off and so is tomorrow. So we went into Bedford for groceries.....now we are broke. Gee whiz, I cannot believe the prices, I know the corn and beans are bad, the grass is dead but already we are getting hit. Guess we had better get used to it. All of us had better get used to corn bread and beans (with no ham) because that is going to be all we can afford this winter. Don't expect any butter for your cornbread either, that is dairy. You know I was looking forward to seeing if unloading groceries and putting them up in an RV would be more fun than at home. Nope......still the same! I have never liked to grocery shop and was hoping it would be different in the RV. The fact that I was up most of the night with leg cramps, (EXCRUCIATING) and then had to walk from one end of Walmart to the other, I was a little crabby. You know since it is the same size as a football field, they should have it marked so we would know when we reached the 50 yard line then we would feel like we are half way. Then my ''biggest'' complaint......why can't they make ALL the stores the same. I needed frozen peas and I thought they were at the front of the store like the one we shop in at home, Nope! in the back. Now I passed it but didn't even think to look. Oh well my fault. Two of the hosts Tom and Joyce left this morning to move on to another camp ground to host.....sniff sniff. We are going to miss you guys. Here is a photo of Art and Tom. (Joyce was in yesterday's post)
OK I found the swing photo, it was hiding last night. I took one with Cooper in it too. He is my swinging buddy. Effie doesn't like to swing so she lays in her bed next to us. She was cold this am when we got up and she buried herself in her blanket.
What would this blog be without my daily photos of the twins. I just love them and they are letting us get so close you can almost see eyelashes.
Know it doesn't seem like we did much today but I am tired since I didn't sleep well. It rained here this evening and it smells so clean. I will send you hugs and best wishes from Hardin Ridge

4 comments:

  1. I get leg cramps all night long as well and I hate them. I do notice that if I walk at least a mile around the mobile home park in the cool of the morning, I don't get the cramps at all, or at least not as bad. I stretch before and after walking - that's important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gypsy, I think most of the problem is the steps into the camper and up to bed. I went into CVS and bought some Calcium/Magnesium. I sure hope it helps. My legs are hurting so bad. I remember you talking about stretching I need to do that.

      Delete
  2. I have fought leg cramps all my life! This last year they have not been much of a problem. I take a Calcium/Magnesium combination, and if I start getting cramps I drink Tonic Water. The little bit of quinine seems to help a lot. For me they seem to come in runs of nights, so I drink the Tonic when I get one night. The Cal/mag I take every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went into town this morning and bought the Mag/Cal supplement. Thanks so much for the info. I sure hope it helps, my left calf muscle is so sore it feels like a vice has been on it for days. How often do you take it. The bottle said 1-3 times/day, does that sound right.
      Thanks so much for the help, I'll keep you informed.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I love reading them, they make me feel
like I get to know each of you personally. Please keep them coming.......