Our Home Away from Home!

Our Home Away from Home!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Catching Up on Days Past.....

I told you in yesterday's post that I had a bunch of pictures that I didn't get around to posting from Hardin Ridge and our road trips while there. While waiting for the election results I thought I would go through them and pick some out to share with you. I guess since this is a slower time of the year we can pass the time together reminiscing.....

I just love the picture of this puppy listening to his Ipod.  When we were in Nashville In, we were in a shop that had a variety of dog items. I saw this dachshund figure and took the picture for our doxie owners out there.  We had to get dessert after walking so much, so we went for Black Walnut ice cream. I used to get this at an ice cream shop all the time when I was a little girl...so it brought back memories.
I guess the ice cream didn't fill us up :)  Actually this came before the ice cream. We had lunch at a the Hob Knob Restaurant. You know the kind... a little hole in the wall that has mismatched chairs, crammed together, but the best food ever. We had this French Onion soup, then we split a Reuben sandwich. It was fabulous.






After we ate we went walking again.  Nashville is known for its artists and since I love to look at paintings since I have dabbled in it myself we went into the Gallery there.  The siding on the inside of the Gallery was so neat it was like barn siding. I loved the picture of the mare and colt because we used to have an Appaloosa horse like this. And of course the Covered Bridges in this area are so famous I wasn't surprised to find them in here.  No, the Halloween decorations weren't in the Gallery just thought I would add them in for color. :)



Mellencamp lives five miles outside of Bloomington, Indiana on the shores of Lake Monroe, but he also has vacation homes in Daufuskie Island, South Carolina and Tybee Island, Georgia. This was taken from Wikipedia.  We knew John Mellencamp lived on Lake Monroe and so we found his drive way. See the M on the light post.  Just outside his home was the most beautiful colors of Fall.

No matter if all the leaves are off the trees I still love the Fall pictures I took.
/>
This gorgeous picture was taken of Lake Monroe at a restaurant on 446 called the View.
Well I guess that will be all tonight. I'll continue to catch up on some days past as I reminence through some more pictures.
                              So from Thorntown we send hugs and best wishes.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. I love reading them, they make me feel
like I get to know each of you personally. Please keep them coming.......