Our Home Away from Home!

Our Home Away from Home!

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

40 More Days......

I cannot believe we have only 40 days left and then we will be full time rvers.  This winter has both dragged and flown by. Some days it seems they will never end and others are over so fast. I have been consuming all my hours finishing up the wedding decorations. I wish I could share them with you but do not want to ruin the surprise for the wedding. I have  made so many bows I'm surprised I am not twisting the sheets in my sleep. 

Sunday we went through all our clothes again, knowing we had to decrease what we take, not enough storage for them all. We took 3 full bags to Good Will today. Art went through his closet and got rid of all his dress clothes he used to have to wear for work, and that filled up the bags fast. I still had some shirts I didn't want and a coat or two. We then took all summer items out and they are now in the Avalanche. We still have a ton of closet space so hopefully we can keep all our clothes in there.  I have been working so hard on the wedding so I get back out to the camper to finish lining shelves with the non slip lining, then we can load up more things from the house.

Today we went to the Indianapolis Sport, Boat and Travel show. Even though we have the new fifth wheel we love to see all the new models and all the different styles. And it is just amazes me how they get all those trailers in there the way they do. Some of them you couldn't put a hand between. Wow! Our salesman was there from the dealership we bought ours from and that was fun talking with him. Nice guy.  We also bought the neatest storage bag to use for our extra clothes and shoes. It is water proof and very sturdy but should store easier than a plastic tub. Art worked in the garage all day Monday sorting through tools so they can be divided up between the SILs.  Tomorrow we are removing pictures from the walls and shelves, taking them out of the frames so we can store them. And storing all our keepsakes that we can't bear to part with in plastic tubs. Hannah said we are more than welcome to keep them here. It helps so much with the emotional stand point knowing you don't have to part with items that mean so much.  I mentioned to Art I feel like I am waiting for open heart surgery and brain surgery combined. Such huge events in our lives coming up, it keeps a knot in your stomach.

 I know I cannot wait to get back down into the forest, back into nature. I feel like a different person out in the great outdoors. I find I don't have to find things to keep myself entertained like TV or books. Just sitting and watching and listening to the sights and sounds of the woods make me so happy.
And....I cannot wait to get that camera back out and start taking more pictures of our surroundings.
I know March will fly by because we have so many things going on it will make it go faster.  This has been a dream of ours for years and it seems so unreal that in 40 days it will all be coming true.  And we get to go back to Hardin Ridge in April and May to help open the park back up.  Then on to Turkey Run State Park in June, and back to Hardin Ridge until the end of Oct and then hopefully to North Carolina, then off to Florida for the winter.
Best Wishes to you all from Indiana.

17 comments:

  1. Don't forget on your travels the light is always on at the Weeb Ranch, stop and visit a spell. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for that. Who knows which way our paths will be headed. Will definitely keep you in mind.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad for you that it's getting closer and closer and it will be here faster than you think. It's going to be quite a change in your lives.
    I've been getting rid of stuff too but I have years of accumulation to go through. It will take a long time to go through the papers alone. The office is so full.

    The wedding is keeping you focused and I had to laugh at imagining you making knots in the sheet while you sleep, ha ha ha .

    Take care,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will be quite the change but after last summer and living in the rv for 3 and 1/2 months gave us a good idea what we were getting into. And it just reinforced our decision to go full timing. I am so glad I have the wedding to keep my mind off the April 1st date. But I have to go back to it often as we have still have jobs in the house to take care of.

      Delete
  3. 40 days - that's no time at all especially with wedding planning and doing. Hang in there and keep getting rid of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we are. Yes, the wedding is really helping even though there is so much to do. But I would be pacing the floor if I didn't have it to keep me busy.
      Good Will is loving us this month :)

      Delete
  4. Time will fly by...you have lots going on to keep you busy!

    Can't wait to see and hear all about the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good because you most definitely will :) THEN I will be able to post all the flowers, decorations etc.
      Probably have 3 posts on the wedding alone.

      Delete
  5. So exciting...you are so close. I just love Turkey Run!! And Arni's pizza and JUNIOR SALADS in Crawfordsville :O)
    I need to pinpoint our take off date. Guess when house goes on the market that will be a tell all :O) Did you figure out what to do with Verizon...guess we are just going to bite the bullet. We did splurge for a Wilson antenna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love Arni's Juniors. Have had them many times over the years. So you have been to Turkey Run I take it?
      Yes, we did. We are going to stick with Verizon. After much research on Straight Talk we found out that 8 out of 10 were not happy with it. Verizon may be more expensive but the old saying, "you get what you pay for seems to apply here." I have to be able to stay in contact with our girls so need good cell coverage. Thanks for asking!

      Delete
    2. Good to know on the Straight Talk...think I stick with the same too. Got to be able to Skype my grandbabies when we take off. I grew up in Indy and spent 8 years in West Lafayette so know those Hoosier state parks well. Hope your ice isn't too bad...I so remember that bomb of storm we had!

      Delete
  6. Love your plans, Tammy ... ah, the excitement of making it work ... nothing like it.

    I know that in 40 days, we will all be thinking... 40 days? seems like yesterday when you were getting ready to leave.

    yep... what fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know it will go by so fast. And yes, it is exciting. We are getting a little stressed but slowly but surely getting things checked off our list.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you have lots of that prep work done. These next few weeks will fly by. Good luck with the downsizing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We have almost got all the items out of the house we don't want. The garage is all that is left.
      And that will make the days fly by for sure.

      Delete
  8. Full timing is a great lifestyle, I am sure you are going to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all welcome to the blog. Happy to have you along, I look forward to getting to know you. I take it you full time? I will definitely be checking out your blog. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I love reading them, they make me feel
like I get to know each of you personally. Please keep them coming.......